What are the latest features in Angular 10?
1. Angular Material added a new Date Range Picker Component.
To use the new date range picker, you can use the mat-date-range-input and mat-date-range-picker components.
2. Introduced strict setting options when creating a new angular app
Version 10 offers a more strict project setup when you create a new workspace with ng new.
ng new –strict
Benefits of strict option –
- An application becomes side-effect free to enable more advanced tree-shaking
- Enables strict mode in TypeScript
- Turns template type checking to Strict
- prevent declarations of type any
3. Angular Version 10 excluded default support of older and less used browsers.
Some of the excluded browser versions are Chrome 81, Chrome 80, edge 18, firefox 75, opera browser, opera mini browser.
4. Stop bundling in ES5 by Default
Angular 10 disabled ES5 builds by default for new projects. IF need to enable ES5 builds and differential loading for browsers that require it, simply add those browsers in the .browserslistrc file.
By excluding ES5 bundles, saving you 119MB of download and install time when running npm install for Angular packages and libraries.
5. Many Bugs fixed related to Framework, tooling, and Components in this Version.